Monday, September 12, 2016
When you first look a the comic book cover of Secret Invasion you might question it ever being good and thinking it will be another dis-tasteful comic book that takes itself to serisouly. After reading the first few pages of Secret Invasion yes there is grotesque drawings not the best plot but a comic book that knows how to use its horrible jokes and the cheesiness of each character to its advantage.
The first comic book in the series shows Tony Clark known as Iron Man figure out that the villains of the story Skrull is on their planet trying to take over. Meanwhile the comic book conveys small little moments across America where the Skrull slowly take over. After Tony Starks theory you find out that their is a Skrull sip crashing to earth. The comic book cuts to Tony Stark calling his Avengers to assemble and find this crash-landing jet. Thats when the Avengers find out that these other avengers beat Tony Stark to the chase of finding the ship. When the two Avengers both find the ship before Iron Man can do anything he has a huge seizure do to the ship and thats when the two avenger teams realize they ave to work together to find out what is happening to Iron Man.
There is 8 comic books in the mini-series and I will be happy to say that I will be reading all of them. What I think I enjoyed the most about this comic book was two things. The first thing I enjoyed about this comic book is that unlike most Avenger comic books it skip any good elements and fast forwards to the fighting as quickly as it can. Unlike most though this comic book Secret Invasion starts to set up the elements of this story before anything happens and I think thats why I am thirsty for more. I also have to say the author of this book Secret Invasion really wrote the first comic of the series like a really cheesy show. Good characters bad cheesy one liners and cuts to different shots of the individual superhero's. I honestly could picture the horrible over serious acting style of this comic book if turned into a tv show. I would recommend this comic book for anybody that is bored one day and has nothing to do because this comic book will take up a lot of your time if you allow it to it is a rainy day read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment