Monday, September 12, 2016

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson

Nimona was an exiting graphic novel that wasn't afraid to embrace it's origins on the web (in a good way!). It was funny satirical and challenged the tropes of it's genre in a not so subtle way. though it started out silly and fun it had a deep and meaningful ending. Nimona was a tragic character with a happy go lucky attitude and though she wasn't afraid to lie and kill Stevens was able to make her seem lovable and relate and an all around bad*ss. The story was great the characters were complex and interesting and i was truly sad when it was over. I had I great time reading this comic and I couldn't put it down until I finished. It surprised me how good  it was and I say that it passed for 5 stars with flying colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment